Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Toy Story Mania


Wow... it's certainly mania!

Normally the wait is a constant 90-120 minutes, who has time for that?

The only saving grace is FastPass. Even with FastPass we still waited 15 minutes, but I'm not complaining... The scenery is amazing inside. The staging area (or line) is very brightly colored, lots to look at and keep you amused. It wouldn't keep me happy for over an hour but staring in wonder at all the favorites from my childhood was a very nice way to wait.

:rant on: We recently bought the game "Guess Who?" for my son. I know a lot of old toys have been revived in the past few years and the concept is GREAT! but... the Guess Who? game I had when I was a kid was a lot more sturdy, so was my hungry hippos game and my Mr potato head (although my Mr potato head didn't have all the cool accessories they have now) and why oh why do I remember sticking stuff into REAL potato's? Maybe I was just that kid who lost the body and my mother improvised... will have to ask her. The point is, modern day Guess Who? is shoddily made. AND! a lot more ethnically diverse than it used to be, kudos for that Hasbro Games :rant off:

Anyway, back to Toy Story Mania... We (3 generations) loaded into our car and began our journey. Well it was fun... it was amazing and longer than I expected. The games are cute, very simple in design and easy for all ages to play. I think I had more fun than my son, as my adult trained eyes sought out the highest score objects to hit and worked tirelessly to beat my 5 year old. Hey, all's fair in love and war (and video games). I don't remember how many "boards" or "screens" we played, but it was definitely enough to make my arm feel like it was going to fall off. I think I had a 'lean' going on for the rest of the day. I had the highest score of course, followed by my son, and in last place was Grandma (wah wah wah). My son declaired it his favorite game/ride/thing to do at Disney. Unfortunately the fast passes go so quick for this ride you can only really get one of them. We'll be back soon to have another go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment